5/30/14

bananas and bread


Today we will focus on two of my favorite foods. Bananas and Bread.. I find myself always buying way more bananas than I can consume before they turn into mush. Which I guess is a win-win because I love me some banana bread! Brew yourself a cuppa jo and enjoy this recipe!

Recipe//
You will need

3 mashed bananas
1 tsp | apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup | almond milk
1 tsp | vanilla extract
2 cups | all purpose flour
1/2 tsp | baking soda
1/2 tsp | salt
1/2 tsp | ground allspice
1/2 cup | coconut oil
1/2 cup | brown sugar
1/2 cup | white sugar






Preheat that oven to 350F and spray a 8x4 loaf pan with nonstick spray. I always forget to do these steps.

Then combine and set aside the almond milk and apple cider vinegar.

Grab a large bowl and mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and allspice together.

In a separate bowl cream together your coconut oil and sugar. Then add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and the vinegar/ almond milk mixture.

Combine the flour mixture to the wet mixture. And pour into loaf pan.

Bake for about 50-60 minutes depending on your oven. I like to keep an eye on mine. Once your tooth pick comes out clean you are set!


I am actually headed to make a loaf myself! Gotta use up those bananas!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment