8/1/14

listening to | Twin Forks

When Erik and I first moved to Orlando, we were walking around "downtown" looking for things to do. (I say "downtown" because it's just 1 street and I'm not sure if that constitutes a "downtown" area.) Everything was closed because it was a Monday night, but we did see a sign for a show happening the next night for a band called Twin Forks. We looked them up and found out it was the smokin' hot singer from Dashboard Confessional's new project! We were so stoked and decided to head down the next night. We ate tacos, then stood in line where we got free tickets, a great show, and new music to fall in love with.


I love performing and I absolutely love watching people perform. Chris Carrabba is doing exactly what he was born to do every night when he walks onto a stage. He knows how to engage a crowd, drown everything else out, and perform to his hearts desire. Along with his incredible vocal talent, he has a heart that goes beyond it. He loves what he does and you can completely tell. He is dedicated to his music and no matter what stage of life he is in, he writes what he feels that he should and I love that. I love screaming my lungs out to old Dashboard but I also love dancing to Twin Forks. The people he hand selects to be in his band too, are amazing. His cousin is his drummer and he was so good, the singer's and banjo players have been amazing, the bass player is incredible. Every detail of what Twin Forks does is thought out and done with so much passion! We have been so lucky, too - both times we have seen them, it has been in Orlando which is his hometown! Hometown shows are always my favorite because they are just so stoked to be back and play where it's familiar. The Social, the venue we have seen them at both times, is the first venue Chris Carrabba ever sold out in his career too, which is so cool!

Along with putting on a great show, he brings some amazing acts out with him. I can't wait to tell you guys about Matrimony and Corey James Bost, two of the artists I've fallen in love with since seeing them with Twin Forks. Please give Twin Forks a listen and let us know what you think! I hope you love dancing to it as much as I do! 

Vicky

1 comment:

  1. ซุปเปอร์ สล็อต สล็อตเป็นเกมที่มีความสนุกสนานและตื่นเต้นที่ไม่ต้องการทักทาย pg เนื่องจากมันไม่ต้องการทักทายทางการเดิมพันในสล็อต และไม่ต้องการมีกลยุทธ์เฉพาะเพื่อชนะในเกม

    ReplyDelete